What is the best way to clean AZEK Deck?
- To clean AZEK Deck, use an all-surface deck cleaner or another all-purpose cleaner such as Simple Green or Krud Kutter Cleaner/Degreaser. Do not use abrasive cleaners which can dull the surface of new deck boards. Always read the cleaning product manufacturers specific information before using any product on your AZEK Deck and follow their instructions. It is also a good idea to test the cleaner on a scrap piece or inconspicuous area of the deck to make sure it does not harm the surface.
- For stubborn stains/scuff marks on a weathered AZEK Deck, you may remove or greatly reduce stains/marks with an application of Red Max Pro Degreaser or Krud Kutter Cleaner/Degreaser. The degreasers should be applied to the area and allowed to soak for several minutes. Depending on the stain or mark, some moderate scrubbing may be required using a pot scrubber (such as a Scotch Brite type pad). Depending on the stain or mark, several applications may be required. Deck should be rinsed thoroughly upon completion. Always read the cleaning product manufacturer’s specific information before using any product on your AZEK Deck and follow their instructions.
WARNING: Keep children and pets away from cleaning products and AZEK Deck until dry.
Will AZEK Deck weather?
- Depending on environmental conditions, AZEK Deck colors may appear to lighten over time as part of the natural weathering process. All decking products, natural and manmade will experience weathering. Contributing factors to weathering include the environment, moisture, sunlight, heat, time and other variables which may vary by region or geography. Weathering is an aesthetic issue and not a performance or product warranty issue, nor is it considered a material defect.
Can I use AZEK Adhesive or caulk with AZEK Deck?
- AZEK Adhesive and caulks are not recommended for use with AZEK Deck.
- Do not get any PVC glue or similar substance on the surface of AZEK Deck as it may discolor and permanently damage the AZEK Deck surface.
Is AZEK Deck ICC code compliant?
- Yes, AZEK Deck has obtained two code research reports ESR-1667 (ICC) and also CCRR-0101. The details of both reports can be reviewed on our website www.AZEK.com
Will AZEK Deck get mold on it?
- Yes. Given particular environmental conditions of moisture and temperature, mold and mildew can appear on any outdoor surface. However, mold and mildew on AZEK Deck occurs only on the surface of the boards and does not penetrate into the deck board. Surface mold and mildew on an AZEK Deck can be removed using an all-surface deck cleaner or a 1 to 4 mixture of bleach and water. Apply cleaner or mixture, use a nylon bristle brush and scrub the area until the mold or mildew is removed. Rinse the area thoroughly and towel dry. Repeat if needed.
Can AZEK Deck be used near water?
- Yes. AZEK Deck resists moisture; therefore, it can be used near water.
What is the minimum height from the ground that AZEK Deck must be installed?
- AZEK Deck does not require a specified height for ground clearance. However, as in any deck installation, be sure to attach the deck boards properly to a stable and secure sub-structure and leave a minimum of a 1/8” gap between deck boards.
Can I use AZEK Deck on a roof top application?
- Yes. AZEK Deck can be used on a rooftop application; however, the deck boards must be attached to a properly secured understructure and leave a minimum of an 1/8” gap between deck boards. DO NOT ATTACH DECK BOARDS TO A FLOATING SUB-STRUCTURE.
- Consult the AZEK Deck Installation Guidelines for recommended fastening.
- As always, be sure to consult your local building code official(s) for railing requirements on any deck application.
Can I power wash AZEK Deck?
- AZEK Deck can be power washed using a fan tip and keeping the pressure at 1300 PSI or lower. First try the power washer on a scrap piece or inconspicuous area of AZEK Deck to be sure that you will not damage the surface.